- Parshvanatha, the Jain Thirthankarawas associated mainly with
which of the following places? [UPPCS (Mains) 2016]
2. Where was Mahavira Swami born? [53rd to 55th BPSC (Pre) 2011]
3. The originator of the Jain religion is [UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
(A) Arya Sudharma
(B) Mahavira Swami
(D) Rishabh Dev
4. Who was the first Tirthankara of Jain religion? [[Telangana PSC (Pre) 2019]]
5. Kundalpur is the birthplace of— [UPPCS (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
(A) Emperor Ashoka
(B) Gautam Buddha
(C) Mahavira Swami
(D) Chitanya Mahaprabhu
6. Mahavira Jain breathed his last at— [45th BPSC (Pre) 2001]
7. The word Tirthankara is related to— [UPPCS (Pre) 1993]
8. Who was the last one in the order of Jain Tirthankaras? [IAS (Pre) 1993]
9. Which one of the following was not a Jain Tirthankara? [UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2004]
10. Prabhasgiri is a pilgrim spot of [UPPCS (Spl)(Pre) 2008]
11. In Jain religion, which word is used for Complete Intellect? [IAS (Pre) 1993]
12. The doctrine of three jewels-Right faith, Right action and Right Knowledge,
is the crowning glory of [UPPCS (Pre) 2004]
(D) None of these
13. The correct of Anuvrata was advocated by [IAS (Pre) 1995]
(A) Mahayana Buddhism
(B) Hinayana Buddhism
(D) The Lokayata school
14. Syadvad is a doctrine of [Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2005]
15. The Jain philosophy holds that the world is created एंड maintained by [IAS (Pre) 2011]
(A) Universal Law
(B) Universal Truth
(C) Universal Faith
(D) Universal Soul
16. Anekantavada is a core theory and philosophy of which one of the following?
[IAS (Pre) 2009]
17. Which of the following religions does not trust in the concept of final annihilation of the world? [UPPCS (Mains) 2014]
18. The basic point of Jainism is [UPPCS (Pre) 1993]
19. Yapaniya was the sect of [UPPCS (Pre) 2010]
20. Which of the following is the earliest holy book of Jain? [40th BPSC (Pre) 1995]
(A) Twelve Angas
(B) Twelve Upangas
(C) Fourteen Purvas
(D) Fourteen Uppurva
21. In which one of the following languages was the earliest Jain literature compiled?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2006]
22. Which of the following place is known as a place of Pilgrimages because of being
related with Parshvanath? [UPPCS (Pre) 2002UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2002]
(C) Sammed Shikhar
23. Which one of the following is not a part of early Jain literature? [IAS (Pre) 1996]
24. Who was the first founder of Shwetambar creed during the first partition of Jain creed? [RAS/RTS (Pre) 1999]
(D) Deverdhi Kshama Sharaman
25. The first disciple of Lord Mahavir was [47th BPSC (Pre) 2005]
26. Who was the first follower of Mahavira? [UPPCS (Pre) 2008]
27. Svetambara Agama was finally edited at the Jain Council of [UPPCS (Mains) 2008]
28. With reference to ancient Jainism,which one of the following statement is correct?
[IAS (Pre) 2004]
A. Jainism was spread in South India under the
leadership of Sthulabhadra.
B. The Jains who remained under the leadership of
Bhadrabahu were called Svetambaras after
the Council held at Pataliputra.
C. Jainism enjoyed the patronage of the Kalinga
King Kharavela in the first century BC.
D. In the initial stage of Jainism, the Jainas
worshipped image unlike Buddhist.
29. Samadhi Maranis related to which Philosophy? [Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2015]
(A) Buddhist Philosophy
(B) Jain Philosophy
(C) Yoga Philosophy
(D) Lokayat Philosophy
30. Ajivikasect was founded by [UPPCS (Pre) 1996
(C) Makkhali Gosala
31. Who among these rendered that Fate assigns everything, human is incapable?
[Kerala PSC (Pre) 2017 UPPCS (Pre) 2006]
32. The sect which believed in abiding nature of destiny.[RAS/RTS (Pre) (Re. Exam) 2013]
33. Who used the caves of Barabar as their shelter-house?[40th BPSC (Pre) 1995]
34. Which one of the following is not true about the Barabar hill caves?[UPPCS (Pre) 2017]
(A) There are in all four caves on the Barabar hill
(B) Inscriptions of Ashoka are found on the walls
of three caves
(C) These inscriptions inform us about the dedication
of these caves to the Ajivikas
(D) These inscriptions date back to 6th century B.C.
35. The famous pilgrimage of Buddhists as well as of Jains in Uttar Pradesh is at
[UP UDA/LDA (Mains) 2010 RAS/RTS (Pre) 2007]
36. Which one of the following statements is not correct?[IAS (Pre) 2002]
(A)The statue of Gomateshwara at Sravanabelagola represents the
last Tirthankara of Jains.
(B) Indias largest Buddhist mona-stery is in Arunachal Pradesh.
(C) The Khajuraho temples were built under Chandela Kings.
(D) The Hoyseleswara temple is dedicated to Shiva.
37. Who built Gommateshwarastatue at Sravanabelagola?
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2009 Assam PSC (Pre) 2017]
38. Mahamastakabhisheka, a great religious event, is associated with
and done for who of the following? [IAS (Pre) 2009]
39. Which of the following statements is/are applicable to Jaina Doctrine?
1. The surest way of annihilating karma is to practice penance.
2. Every object, even the smallest particle has a soul.
3. Karma is the bane of the soul and must be ended.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below. [IAS (Pre) 2013]
(A) Only 1
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 2
(D) 1, 2 and 3
40. Consider the following statements.
1. The Ikshvaku rulers of Southern India
were antagonistic towards Buddhism.
2. The Pala rulers of Eastern India
were Patrons of Buddhism.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct? [IAS (Pre) 2006]
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
41. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below.
[UPPCS (Pre) 2017]
4. Water Jar
42. Consider the following statements.
1. Vardhaman a Mahaviras mother was
the daughter of Lichchhavi King Chetaka.
2. Gautama Buddhas mother was a princess
from the Koliyan dynasty.
3. Parshvanatha, the twenty-third Tirthankara,
belonged to Banaras.
Which of these statements is/are correct? [IAS (Pre) 2003]
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) 2 and 3
(D) 1, 2 and 3
1. (A) 2. (A) 3. (D) 4. (B) 5. (C) 6. (C) 7. (D) 8. (C) 9. (B) 10. (B) 11. (C) 12. (C) 13. (C) 14. (C) 15. (A) 16. (B) 17. (B) 18. (C) 19. (B) 20. (C) 21. (A) 22. (C) 23. (A) 24. (A) 25. (A) 26. (A) 27. (D) 28. (C) 29. (B) 30. (C) 31. (C) 32. (B) 33. (A) 34. (D) 35. (B) 36. (A) 37. (A) 38. (A) 39. (D) 40. (B) 41. (A) 42. (C)